Thursday, February 19, 2009

Construction = Destruction

My current job is a hotel remodel. We all know how bad we are to hotel rooms. And after 5-10 years of people being bad to the rooms...well, it's time for a remodel. Before you can have the new you must remove the old. DEMOLITION: Grown men getting paid to bash holes in walls and rip carpet to shreds.

You have some really great construction people in the world. Well spoken, college educated, take home to mom type people. Then you have the people I work with....



Shane doesn't always look like this, but I'm pretty sure it's how he feels inside.



Then you have this guy....



.....I've known him for years and he still scares me.




But just to show that their faces aren't stuck that way, here they are at the material relocation area. i.e. Dumpster

And because we're professionals of the highest quality, we have this fine caddy. Okay...it isn't exactly something to write home about, but you take what you can get.

And the other perks?.............

..........well, we get an executive view of the city.

P.S. When planning your next vacation I might suggest a tent. I say this becasue I get to see the bottom side of the carpet in high end hotel rooms. I won't say anything more, except that you don't want to see the bottom side of the carpet in high end hotel rooms.

No comments: