Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My 10 year take

So, tomorrow marks my 10th anniversary of being a domesticated man. Happily married. Since we already took our trip, and its a week night, I'm off the hook until Saturday. I'm a guy...I wouldn't say I dread anniversaries, birthdays, and Valentines....I'm just your normal procrastinating underachiever. :)

To mark the occasion I thought I'd give you my top 10 list of things learned in ten years. Enjoy.

1. It's give and take. (and hope they take what you're giving)

2. Experts say kids and money are hell on relationships. I say relationship experts are hell on money.

3. Don't say you're sorry....show you're sorry.

4. My wife may always be right, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

5. When your wife says she's going into labor you shouldn't question the fact. (who knew?)

6. Two things you don't run out of: Diapers and Toilet paper. In that order.

7. I think my wife will lap the block several times to make sure her truck is on empty before I get in it. I'm pretty sure she hasn't pumped gas since college.

8. Having an off switch on my ears is handy. (I actually tried that once during a disagreement...not so good.)

9. When you're newly married your smoke alarm may indeed double as a cooking timer.

10. Marriage is work. Hard work. But the benefits are unbeatable.

To my dear wife...I love you. Thanks for 10 wonderful years and two beautiful children. Now get in the kitchen and cook me some dinner! ;)

1 comment:

Vikster said...

Truly enjoyed "your take" on 10 years...something this mother of yours will never have the opportunity of knowing and for that I regret never having done but so proud both my children have accomplished. And for that you also get to draw social security off your spouse!!!! :~) LOL