Friday, January 29, 2010

Tickled Pink

First and foremost, if you'll scroll down and look to your right you'll notice two blog awards. These were given to me a short time back by this talented writer. Um, yes I know they both have pink as their main color. And yes, that one has a bunch of lace all over it. But I was delighted to receive both. If anyone wants to question my manhood they can call me at 1-800-Bloody-Nose. I'm supposed to pass these beauties along, and I will. But as a life long procrastinator I'm going to wait a bit.

My long run working four, ten hour work days has come to an end. I must admit I was growing rather fond of three day weekends. The good news is I'm not layed off. The not so good news is that I'll now be working 1pm to 9pm seven days a week here. Not only am I a fan on MU (Go Tigers!), but this is going to cut into my time with the family. Basically I won't see them except for Saturday and Sunday morning. :( The construction industry in K.C. at the moment is bad to say the least, so being picky isn't really an option. I was told this will only last a couple weeks and then I should be back to a normal schedule....my fingers are crossed!

On a bright note: I'm less than a month away from picking up one of these. I bought the Sportster last year on a 12 month trade-in program and it's just about time for the upgrade. Not a moment too soon I might add. A big guy on a small bike looks like a circus attraction! Having a wife who works for the company has it's perks. :) Now if I could just talk her into getting a speed boat.......

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Pink eh? Yeah, well Phoenix tends to stir pots.......

VJames said...

wow, first thing of working those hours...kids will miss you terribly, especially Macy bless her little heart.

But on the motorcycle? I am so very happy for you as you have been waiting a long time for this dream to come to you. I am truly happy for you. Enjoy but be every watchful for others as you know.
God's speed on your new bike. I can't wait to be a passenger!!! :~)

Phoenix said...

LOL! If I ever get a blog award that looks like it's hunting a deer or has a bloody nose, I know who I'm passing it along to.

Thanks for manning up and accepting the frilly, lacy pink blog awards. I meant them in the best of intentions, as I really do enjoy your blog and think others should be getting the same amount of entertainment I do from your stories. ;)