Sunday, November 29, 2009

Gobble Gobble

Today marked my third and final Thanksgiving feast for the year. My wife's parents are married (1) and mine are divorced (2). But this isn't a bad thing. A few years back I was packing in seven Christmas' in a season....that got a bit nerve racking...we're now planning only six.

Today's festivities took place at my beautiful sisters house. The food was great and the company was wonderful. We were missing only my cousin Kerri. (she lives in Cali so she gets an out)





Here is the gracious hostess in a cooking frenzy...





My dad enjoying his coffee. (that wet spot is from my son who is teething...it kinda makes him drool some)...


And here is a Turkey. We actually enjoyed this one Thurday at my moms family dinner. I smoked it and thought it looked good (it was yummy) so that's why you're looking at it here.



I'll soon be posting an update on the "el cheapo" wine production progress. It should be in the bottles sometime this week. This is actually the second batch since that post, but the first one got consumed and gifted away before pictures could be taken. (it was good)


And for some upcoming post, here's a pic of the side of my head. I realize this doesn't go with the whole Thanksgiving theme, but I'm having some surgery done in a couple weeks to get another one of these bad boys put on the other side. I'll be posting more on that as it happens but for those who are interested you can google cochlear implant or Advanced Bionics. Enjoy!


4 comments:

Kim said...

Great picture of your Harmony!! Advanced Bionics is AWESOME!!!

Kim
www.hearingjourney.com

Phoenix said...

Okay, that implant freaks me out just a little bit. But then, I'm a technophobe, so...Blackberry's freak me out too.

Dave said...

It's all good Tracy...but I've got a Blackberry too!

Phoenix said...

LOL A Blackberry is a good thing to have...particularly when I'm at a place with no access to computers and I get a text that says, "Check your email!"

I'm so behind...